- May 31, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
UKATA ASBESTOS AWARENESS REFRESHER – ½ DAY
Intended for persons who are likely to disturb asbestos while carrying out their normal everyday work, or may have an influence on what work is carried out. Asbestos is the single largest industrial disease (Class 1 Carcinogen) and accounts for over 4,000 deaths per year in the UK – a number predicted to grow over the next decade.
The course will provide a thorough understanding and awareness of managing asbestos in buildings under Regulation 10 Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
THIS COURSE CAN BE DELIVERED NATIONWIDE BY APPROVED TRAINING MEMBERS OF UKATA PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW
• UKATA approved certificate.
• 15 multi choice questions
• Overview of Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
• The nature of asbestos and its effects on health.
• Products and typical uses of asbestos.
• Safe working procedures, including control measures and protective equipment.
• Handout about Asbestos
• Minimising exposure and preventative controls.
• Emergency procedures for an asbestos incident.
Group discounts Available
Certificate valid for 1 year
Asbestos awareness refresher courses are also available
Members of Action for Construction – please complete the AfC booking form to be eligible to receive your CITB tier grant return through one of our approved ATO.
For non-members, please visit the UKATA website to find a training provider: https://www.ukata.org.uk/training/find-training-provider/
Action for Construction have joined into a Corporate Partnership with UKATA to help promote and support both our businesses and increase exposure of both our services, within the construction industry.