May 31, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
CITB Temporary Works Supervisor Training Course (TWSTC)
Course duration: 1 Day
Certificate valid for: 5 Years
This course complements the Temporary Works Co-ordinator Training Course (TWCTC) and is designed to provide training for those undertaking the role of Temporary Works Supervisor as defined in BS 5975:2008+A1:2011(referred to hereafter as ‘BS 5975’). Please be aware there is a recent updated BS 5975: 2019 standard in which the CITB are currently updating all courses to reflect the changes – see ‘more details’ tab for key principle changes.
The role can be defined, relating to three clauses within the BS:
- Supervision and checking (Clause 7.4). The core role, applicable to all TWSs, and, if requested by the TWC, if competent to do so, and it satisfies the TWS’s own company procedures:
- Issuing load/unload permits (Clause 7.3.4) (In addition, although not formally part of the TWS role, if requested by the TWC, if competent to do so in respect of each individual action, and it satisfies the TWS’s own company procedures.)
- Assist the TWC discharge some of his/her responsibilities (specifically those which the TWC is permitted to delegate) (Clause 7.2.5)
The rationale for the Temporary Works Supervisor’s Course is to raise standards and set standards across the industry, and allow a transferable knowledge base between employers avoiding unnecessary supplementary training.
Who Should Attend:
• This one day Temporary Works Supervisor course is designed to assist those on site who have responsibility for supervising temporary works.
Site Safety Plus (SSP) Courses
The Site Safety Plus suite of courses provides a range of courses for people seeking to develop their skills in the building, civil engineering and allied industries. Designed from operative to senior manager level, they provide the skills you need to progress through the construction industry, from the one day Health and Safety Awareness course to the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS). We also offer refresher courses so that workers are always kept up to date with the latest techniques and industry practice to be safe whilst on the job.
Assessment will be by multiple choice questions at the end of the course as well as being expected to be interactive during the course.
The examination paper is compulsory and consists of 25 multiple choice questions selected by CITB.
It forms the basis of assessment as to whether or not a delegate has successfully achieved a satisfactory Level of understanding to be awarded the Temporary Works Supervisor Training Course (TWSTC) certificate.
The examination lasts for 30 minutes and must be completed within this time.
The examination is open book.
The examination pass mark is 72%.
Temporary Works Supervisor Course Aims and Objectives
To ensure that all those given temporary works supervisory responsibilities understand:
- the need for and duties of a TWS
- the role of others
- the BS 5975 in respect of this role.
- the importance of the ‘4Cs: communication, co-ordination, co-operation and competency.
- the need for risk management
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- understand the duties of a TWS and role of others
- have detailed knowledge and understanding of BS 5975
- understand how to manage risk
- implement the ‘4Cs’ effectively in the workplace
There are no formal entry requirements; however, delegates should hold or be about to hold the role of a Temporary Works Supervisor.