AFC Members Price list September 2020
Construction Training available to our members
AfC is here to help our SME’s members Increase the capabilities of their workforce by offering a wide range of training courses to their employees.
We will offer advice on which courses you need and also offer additional support for Apprenticeships and NVQ’s.
We only arrange training through our approved network of providers based in the East Midlands.
Courses are run daily offering you the flexibility to train your staff at a time that suits your workload/schedule.
Our Members will receive 40% discount from the price of the course advertised.
This price will vary from provider to provider
All courses are run regularly some daily, weekly or monthly dependant on the course type and the provider.
CITB Skills & Training fund
If you were part of our bid to CITB you will typically only pay 10% of the course fee, after receiving the Tier Grant from CITB. Please contact Adele on 07736 521419 to check whether you are eligible and what courses are available.
To Qualify for Training
You must meet the following criteria to qualify for subsidised training:
- Be registered as a levy payer with CITB and up to date with your payments.
- Be a member of Action for Construction. (You must have paid your annual membership fee for the current year.)
- You must submit your quarterly training return. (E.g. to qualify for training in July to September 2020, you must have submitted the quarterly return for June 2020)
- All of your prior ‘employer contributions’ invoices must have been paid.
Should nominated individuals not attend the course or not give sufficient notice of nonattendance (normally 7 days), their employer will be charged the full cost of the course.
How to Book
- If not already, become a member of AfC. (See our membership section for details). Also be aware your membership must be up to date.
- Select the course and the date you would like to book from our Google Calendar or advertised course list. If unsure call Adele on 07736 521419
- Complete and return the AfC Booking form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have received confirmation of the booking an invoice will be issued to you at reduced rate of the course.
- Once the course is completed you will have 7 days to make payment, failure to do so will put your membership on hold and no other bookings will be made until the balance has been paid in full.
Accredited Courses Available:
- CPC Driver Training
- Fork Lift Truck
- HIAB Operator Training
- CPCS & NPORS accredited Plant Training & NVQ’s
- IPAF all levels
- Asbestos Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness REFRESHER
- Non-Licensed Asbestos Removal – CAT B & Refresher
- H&S Awareness
- SSSTS Refresher
- SMSTS Refresher
- SEATS Site Environmental Awareness
- TWCTC -Temporary Works Coordinator Training Course – 2 days
- TWSTC – Temporary works Supervisor Training Course – 1 day
- FAIB LEVEL 3 – EMERGENCY FIRST AID
- FAIB Level 3 – First Aid @ Work
- FAIB Level 3 – First Aid @ Work Requal
- FAIB Level 3 – Emergency Paediatric
- FAIB Level 2 – Paediatric First Aid
Non-Accredited Courses Available:
- Abrasive Wheels – Hand Held
- Abrasive Wheels – Bench Mount
- Achieving Behavioural Change (ABC)
- COSHH – In House
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations Awareness
- Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT) and Signal Generator (Genny)/Utility Avoidance
- Environmental Awareness
- Evacuation Chair Training
- Face Fit Training
- Induction Training / Services
- LOLER and PUWER
- Manual Handling
- Construction Related Occupational HEALTH Factors
- Office Safety Awareness
- Steps and Ladders
- Safe use and Inspection of Harness and Lanyard
- Risk Assessments
- Working at Height